Do not leave your breakfast behind!
Include it and enjoy it!
We always tend to hear that breakfast is the most important meal of the day, and we should not miss it at all. But... is it elemental for us?
Several studies highlight that eating breakfast daily can help maintain / lose weight. Each body is a world to discover and we all work differently. There might be a person, on one hand, who needs to eat as soon as he/she wakes up; however, on the other hand, another individual might not feel comfortable eating straight away and may need few more hours of fasting.
Nevertheless, by all means, including breakfast in our diet is fundamental to give our body the strength, energy, and activeness it requires after many hours of fasting while we are sleeping and resting. You might not feel hungry or have the urge to eat when you wake up; yet, our recommendation is to give the body fuel to start the day, helping our metabolism to get to work and do its job efficiently.
The powerful benefits of breakfast
A few exciting benefits of including breakfast are:
- Energy boost: you will feel much more energetic and active than if you skipped breakfast and continued with long hours of fasting.
- Better mood: you will always hear people saying: "stomach full, heart happy". This is true. You will feel positive, jolly and start enjoying breakfast once you make it part of your routine. There is always an excitement for breakfast, having to try new recipes. There is a lot to create and explore!
- Maintain a healthy weight/lose weight: whether you are looking to maintain your weight or lose some unwanted weight, adding breakfast can help to avoid overeating later on, as well as eating unnecessary snacks. Whatever you eat in the morning, you have the guarantee you will burn it off. Then, why not enjoy a beautiful and enriching breakfast?
- Better performance and better health: eating breakfast will help you think better, perform at your top level and have a strong immune system; having also good control of sugar level and cholesterol.
- Receive essential nutrients and vitamins: the moment you skip a meal, you are losing out on important nutrients and vitamins your body requires. You might not be able to catch up with all the needs during the rest of the day. Therefore, don´t forget to give the body what it deserves and needs.
Sweet vs Salty Breakfast
Some of us can have a sweet tooth or prefer a touch of salt in our breakfast. It is all up to you, how and what you really enjoy. You will be amazed to know all the ideas and recipes available to indulge in a new and exciting breakfast every day.
A few thrilling ideas are the following:
For the sweet tooth:
- Oats loaded with fruits, nuts & peanut butter: You can add any topping, to be honest, you can be as creative as you want to be.
- Pancakes topped with berries and homemade jam: Again, you can add whatever you want to them!.
- Delicious smoothies: You can add a bundle of good things such as chia seeds, goji berries, fruits, nuts, plan-based milk, spinach, nut butter, cocoa, etc.
- Greek yogurt with coconut, seeds, and banana: Top it full of richness!
A touch of salt:
- Whole grain toast with poached egg and avocado.
- Whole grain toast with salmon and cream cheese with a sprinkle of herbs.
- Baked beans and toast.
- Vegetable omelet with some sausages, tomatoes, and mushroom on the side.
- Whole-grain cereal with milk and some berries on the top.
Explore all the choices given by the nature. Innovate, give it time and make it exciting!
Written by Mónica Ailani,
Content Writer & Translator
<< Previous article
Next article >>