Finding the right time to stay healthy and in shape can be complicated for anyone but when you are a very busy professional or an entrepreneur who’s work follows you everywhere you go it can be even more difficult. As an executive or business owners sometimes you can even forget that you have to take care of yourself as well. Your body also needs your care and attention in order to function properly. Pursuing a healthy lifestyle not only will benefit you but also your business in a long run since healthy people tend to live longer, be happier and more productive. If you are one of those busy people "welcome to the club" ....
A few tips for maintaining a healthy lifestyle while having a busy schedule
- Calorie counting: As a professional you probably know this already .... "Knowledge is power". Educate yourself on calorie counting both calorie in and calorie out... You can use some apps that you can carry out everywhere you go and do most of the work for you... read more
- Label reading: Reading food labels to make the right choices will help you to stay healthy. You will be surprised how many calories you can cut by making the right choices by simply reading calorie labels. For example, if you read the calorie label of a normal coke you will should read ~ 160 kcal per can. A coke zero however has by definition 0 kcal per can which can greatly positively impact your calorie intake. Not to mention if you take more than one coke per day.
- Healthy fresh meals: Any great, fresh, gourmet, local, calorie-controlled foods will help you to control your weight without gaining any extra. Going fresh has kept me through the busiest and the craziest schedules without gaining a pound. Sometimes business lunch and dinners can be a tremendous threat to your SAFE LINE Ideal Weight goal. These tips might help get you through: Pick a healthy restaurant, at least you will have low-calorie options. You can even consider a healthy meal-delivery if you have the choice. They might even deliver it to your hotel room with little effort from your side. If a healthy food is none of your choices try to compensate.
- Early dinners: If possible schedule business dinners earlier during the day to avoid consuming high-calorie meals right before bedtime. In addition, an earlier meal might result in less cocktails after dinner which will save you tons of calories. If this can not be avoided, try to choose alcoholic beverages with no high-calorie mixers like vodka or soda water, a glass of wine, a martini or tequila on the rocks.
- Try a 25 mins minimum workout: Creating a short time for your daily exercise even with your very busy schedule is crucial to maintain a healthy body and a bright mind. In fact, you do not need a long time workout to be the same effective. Studies suggest that short high intensity workouts burns 9 times more fat per each calorie burn during exercise. The benefits become more evident over the weeks. However, high intensity exercise it is not recommended for beginners or those with certain medical conditions... [+INFO]. Try to keep at least a minimum of 25 minutes workout sessions in a daily basis. You can do this early in the morning before going to work, after lunch or after work. A simple 5-10 minutes intensive workout routine early in the morning combined with another 20-15 minutes of brisk walking to your office or 7-10 minutes running during your free time on a daily basis will certainly help you to reach your fitness/health goals.
<----- Tips for busy professionals - Part 2 ---->
Alternatively you can join our new Virtual Personal Trainer Business Executive program (Discontinued).
Virtual Personal Trainer has successfully implemented fitness routines for busy professionals starting as short as 3 minutes per day [+INFO]