We have a variety of very enriching teas that bring positivity to our body and mind. Among those, green tea is one of the best-known and most enjoyed teas in the world. Green tea is obtained from the leaves and buds of Camellia Sinensis but is has not subjected to the withering and oxidation process used to make other types of teas. Green tea is original from China, but its production and manufacture has been widely spread to other countries in Asia.
The green tea properties
Its properties are magnificent and charming, such as:
- It helps relax an individual in a day full of stress or anxiety, thus helping to rest and sleep better. Green tea leaves contain L-Theanine, which produces a calming effect. The body and brain receive positive sensations, learning to relax every muscle of the body. This is a great solution during tough times, exams, times of confusion, etc.
- Stimulating, helping to lose weight in a healthy and natural way. Green tea can help speed up the metabolism, supporting the elimination of unwanted accumulated fat in various areas of the body. Drinking three to five green teas a day would be ideal in this case.
- Strengthens memory, avoiding problems such as Alzheimer's in the future. Green tea helps strengthen the brain and keeps it young and dynamic. Especially over the years, it is ideal to enjoy this enriching tea.
- Helps balance sugar levels in the body, being a great ally for diabetes. Its antioxidant power helps control glucose and insulin sensitivity.
- Anti-inflammatory, helping to fight any inflammation or infection in the body. Green tea protects us from damage caused by the environment; offering a feeling of improvement and well-being.
- Improves mood and gives strength to the body in times of flu, sensitivity to cold, or weakness. A great ally, especially in times of cold and winter.
- Green tea also cracks due to its antioxidants content. Many studies have shown that drinking just a cup of green tea can increase the amount of antioxidants present in bloodstream, specially the catechins' group of antioxidants (see below).
Green tea as weight loss booster
Green tea has components that can truly help weight loss. The leaves of green tea contain many beneficial compounds such as caffeine.
Although, generally speaking, a cup of green tea contains much less caffeine (24–40 mg) than the same cup of coffee (100–200 mg), green tea still contains enough caffeine to have a mild effect on weight loss. The caffeine present in green tea is also known to be a very good stimulants and many studies have found green tea to help burning fats and improve workout performance.
And last but not least, green tea contains a very powerful antioxidant called epigallocatechin gallate (EGCG), which is known to be a very potent metabolism and weight loss booster.
This richness can be enjoyed in multiple ways: with a touch of lemon, mint, honey, cinnamon, ginger, turmeric, with a splash of milk, etc. Tea's are considered a personalized drink where everyone can create and decorate it in their own way.
Enjoy green tea to live a more entrepreneurial, healthy, and radiant life.
Written by Mónica Ailani,
Content Writer & Translator
<< Previous article
Next article >>