Summer brings a lot of energy and positive vitamins from the sun and heat, as well as an enriching variety of exotic fruits. These fruits provide us with multiple benefits, helping us fight the heat and stay hydrated.
During the summer season, fruits are enjoyed in a special way because they give us freshness, vitality, and a particular well-being. The heat tends to keep us along with the fruit salad, obtaining all the antioxidant properties and the vitamins they contain.
Each fruit is different and provides us something unique. There is no fruit to harm us or fruit to avoid. We don't have to welcome all variety, but it is enriching to know them, try them, and give our palate the opportunity to enjoy the different flavors. The recommended daily amount of fruits, along with vegetables, for proper nutrition is five servings.
Fruits and health
Fruits provide unconditional support to all the parts of our body. This support can be highlighted in a number of ways:
- Fruits are high in antioxidants vitamins: colorful fruits are high in antioxidants vitamins such as beta-carotene, vitamin C, and vitamin E, which are well known health boosters. You can find them in colorful fruits (and vegetables), especially those with purple, blue, red, orange, and yellow tones.
- Memory improvement, helping the brain to stay young and dynamic.
- Protection of the kidneys, eliminating everything that can be harmful to us, as well as speeding up the proper functioning of the blood.
- Absolute care of the stomach, contributing to a better and efficient digestion. What's more, fruits provide a lot of fiber, facilitating intestinal purity and regularity.
- Heart support, offering a healthy and happy environment.
- Contribution to smoother and more radiant skin, providing shine and vitality to the human body.
Fruits and weight loss
As we have seen, fruits can be essential for healthy lifestyle, but most importantly, fruits can also help weight loss.
In general, fruits are low in calories and high in nutrients and fiber, which help the feeling of fullness and thus weight loss. The most beautiful thing is that we can enjoy any amount of fruits we want since they contain a high percentage of water, instead of just calories. On top of helping us to lose weight, this also helps us ensure that we are drinking the essential amount of water on a daily and consistent basis.
But while eating fruits always keep in mind that:
How to enjoy fruits
Fruits are never lacking or failing. They can be enjoyed in many different ways:
- on their own,
- in oatmeal,
- as a dessert,
- in smoothies,
- in sponge cakes,
- in salads,
- with yogurt,
- grilled or baked,
Enjoy all the possible fruits, and in all the ways you can think of.
First version written by Mónica Ailani,
Content Writer & Translator
<< Previous article
Next article >>